1 June 2014
We are currently looking for volunteers to fill the following positions:
- Financial Officer - prepares receipts and maintains good financial records
- Fundraising Chair - organises fundraising events; asks for financial contributions, etc.
- Secretary - keeps detailed minutes of the E.D.A.'s meetings; reminders executive members of upcoming meetings; helps guide meeting process by consulting E.D.A. constitution where necessary
- Youth Chair - seeks to develop youth membership in the riding; develops ties with students at local universities and colleges; helps organise youth related events
- Member-at-large - there are currently two member-at-large positions available on the E.D.A. executive. These positions are perfect for newcomers to politics who are interested in getting involved in the E.D.A. but may feel uncomfortable with taking on a formal title right away.
Supervised training and support will be provided as required.
For more information, contact: Alex Hill at firstname.lastname@example.org
1 July 2014
The Green Party of Canada is seeking a committed volunteer to serve as National Volunteer Coordinator.
The National Volunteer Coordinator acts as a central co-ordinator of the engagement process of new volunteers and the promotion of volunteer work within the Party by:
- making initial response to new volunteers who submit GPC Volunteer Request forms.
- overseeing the up-keeping of volunteer placement records on the civiCRM.
- referring new volunteer information to appropriate contacts for volunteer engagement.
- following up later to assess the engagement of new volunteers.
- maintaining an online job bank for volunteer needs.
- encouraging the establishment of volunteer coordinators in existing GPC EDA’s.
- sharing reports of volunteer activity undertaken by EDA’s and other levels of the Party.
- maintaining good communication with regional party organizers, Federal Council Committee Advocates, national Party office staff, Shadow Cabinet, and other groups and individuals in the Party who might make good use of qualified volunteers.
16 April 2014
This volunteer position involves responding to a wide variety of online correspondence sent to the Info Account (email@example.com) from public, staff and party members. The response involves forwarding incoming information, providing GPC policy information, using prepared and approved responses on current issues, and redirecting emails to other appropriate Green Party staff for their consideration and/or response.
- Take Action