Voting is closed.
Voting ended on April 8th at 11:59pm PDT. Election results will be available on this page on April 29th.
Young Greens of Canada Council
The purpose of the Young Greens of Canada (YGC) is to:
- support the Green Party in their efforts to elect candidates to the House of Commons;
- ensure a youth voice is part of debating and forming legislation in Canada’s Parliament;
- ensure a youth voice is part of developing the policy, positions, and platforms of the Party;
- facilitate the involvement of young Canadians and encourage youth-friendly structures and atmosphere within the YGC and the Party more broadly; and
- ensure the Principles of the Global Greens Charter that reference young people are respected and prioritized.
As the governance body of the YGC, Young Greens Council provides leadership and representation for the Young Greens membership. In this role, they are responsible for ensuring that the above aims are being met with the support of staff, and for providing the strategic direction needed to achieve them. This means making decisions on strategic goals and advising on the budget, advocating for youth both within the Party and out, and spearheading a diverse array of projects aimed at growing the Young Greens movement and encouraging youth engagement in politics.
The deadline for nominations is February 23, 2019 at 11:59pm PST.
The deadline to sign up new members in order for them to be able to vote is March 8, 2019.
Voting will begin on March 8 and will be electronic; a paper ballot is available.
Voting will end on April 8 at 11:59pm PST.
The results of the election will be announced on this site by April 29, 2019.
email@example.com or 1-866-868-3447