(OTTAWA) – Brenda Sayers, Green Party candidate (North Island-Powell River) speaks at the Assembly of First Nations (AFN) Open Forum on First Nations and the 2015 Federal Election on Oct. 7 in Edmonton, A.B.
Ms. Sayers meets with AFN National Chief Perry Bellegarde and represents the Green Party of Canada at the event. Ms. Sayers will be available for media questions following her speech.
The AFN’s Closing the Gap plan guides the federal government to strategically invest and act on:
• First Nations education and health;
• A national inquiry on missing and murdered Indigenous women;
• A renewed relationship between the federal government and First Nations;
• Access to justice and Parliament’s compliance with the Charter and the UN Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples;
• On-reserve housing and water treatment;
• Environmental assessments and proper consultation with involved stakeholders; and
• Implementing the principles of the Truth and Reconciliation Commission Report.\
Date: Wednesday, October 7
Time: 2 p.m. MT
Location: Edmonton Marriott at River Cree Resort, 300 East Lapotac Blvd, Enoch, A.B.
- 30 -
For additional information or to arrange an interview, contact: