- Fundraising and Membership Manager
Fundraising and Membership Manager
Position Type: Salary, Full-time
Start Date: Immediate
Application Period: Until March 31, 2021
Reporting to: Communications Director
Hours: Full-time (37.5 hours)
Location: National Party Headquarters, Ottawa
If you’re an experienced, highly-motivated and energetic Fundraising Manager who has worked or volunteered for a political party, we want to hear from you!
The Green Party of Canada was founded in 1983 and begins with the basic premise that all life on the planet is interconnected and that humans have a responsibility to protect and preserve the natural world. The Green Party of Canada, like its provincial counterparts, supports green economics, progressive social planning and responsible and accountable governance.
Green Parties around the world share common values. The policies of the Green Party of Canada are based on six fundamental principles: Non-Violence, Sustainability, Social Justice, Ecological Wisdom, Participatory Democracy and Respect for Diversity.
Learn more about us by visiting our website at: www.greenparty.ca
The Green Party of Canada is seeking a Fundraising and Membership Manager to lead the fundraising team in meeting our funding goals. Your strategic approach to developing and executing an organizational and fundraising membership acquisition strategy requires collaboration with the Communications Director and the Executive Director.
Your experience enables you to think outside the box when creating fundraising strategies, while ensuring you adhere to all Elections Canada rules.
Your excellent interpersonal and relationship skills that you have honed throughout your career to date provide you with the skills needed when curating relationships with potential donors. You are able to adapt your communication skills and approach depending on the situation while still coming across as sincere, because you believe in what the Green Party stands for!
Your superior project management skills ensure you keep project timelines and staff on track. You know how to motivate and energize your team to perform at the highest level while keeping organizational goals in mind. Your background in political, environmental or social justice combined, ideally, with your bilingualism (French and English), make you stand out among the crowd.
- Responsible for results-based management of all fundraising and membership activities of the Green Party of Canada, including:
- Prospect identification (acquisition) and solicitation
- Donor and member solicitation
- Donor and member recognition (Stewardship program)
- Prospect, donor, and member communication
- Liaise with suppliers for member direct mail and email programs
- Event fundraising
- Building electoral district association fundraising capacity
- Planning, project management and reporting on fundraising campaigns (mail, telemarketing, email, social media)
- Manage the fundraising team
- Contribute team objectives to Annual Plan
- Create and execute General Election fundraising activities
- Membership approval and reporting.
- Liaise with suppliers for member renewal programs
- Fulfill all premiums related to donation offers
- Respond to donor emails and requests
- Wills and Bequest program development
- Remain up to date on current fundraising and direct marketing programs, practices and procedures being used in the political sector
- Ensure that the party complies with Elections Canada rules for federal political parties regarding contributions and fundraising
- At least five years fundraising management experience, preferably in a political, social justice or environmental organization.
- Ability to work with an organization to develop a comprehensive fundraising strategy.
- Project management skills.
- Experience in developing issues-based fundraising campaigns.
- Experience with building and managing results driven digital, direct and telemarketing annual giving campaigns.
- Experience with annual planning for fundraising and data-driven campaigns
- Experience with CiviCRM, Asana, Google products
- Knowledge of current marketing/fundraising trends
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with others, both internally and externally, to achieve the goals of the organization.
- Proficiency in both official languages is an asset.
To apply, send your cover letter and resumé to email@example.com
The Green Party of Canada is committed to the values of equity, diversity, and inclusion. We encourage applications from women, Indigenous Peoples, racialized persons, people with disabilities, and LGBTQIA2S+ identifying persons, as well as members of other equity-seeking groups. If you identify as a member of an equity-seeking group, you may choose to identify as such in your application.
If you need assistance or require accommodations in the application process, please send an email with your accommodation needs.
We thank you for your interest; however, we will only be able to contact those candidates who have been selected for an interview.