Improve the welcoming and membership renewal process for GPC donors and members
WHEREAS current processes for welcoming and renewing GPC donors and members include the following:
1. GPC contacts new donors and members to thank them (via email, phone, or regular mail)
2. New donors who did not specifically ask to become a member are invited by GPC to do so, with the benefits explained to them
3. When new donors confirm they would like to become a member, GPC invites them to register on the GPC website so they can vote and access the “members” section
4. GPC reminds members to renew 30 days before their membership expires
Be it resolved that the following new actions will be added to the above preamble existing processes:
1. If a GPC membership expires, the expiry date will be shown in their personal profile section on the GPC web site. (It currently says “No Membership” or is left blank.)
2. Upon request, or a previously agreed to schedule, GPC will send to a local EDA the list of donors who contributed via the online GPC website to either GPC or the local EDA, so the local EDA can reach out and connect with them.
3. EDAs will inform GPC within 30 days after supporters make donations to their local EDA and/or want to become members
4. EDA’s will retain the membership fees from local EDA donations (e.g. not send the $10 fee to GPC)
The above Directive proposals will improve the ability of GPC and local EDA’s to thank, welcome, and renew donors and members in a coordinated, timely fashion, explain the benefits of being a member, and to invite them to connect to GPC and local EDA Social Media sites so they participate in, and keep up to date, on national and local activity and events.