Every year the party holds internal elections for its governing Federal Council.
Federal Council is the governing body of the Green Party of Canada. There are 18 voting members consisting of 11 provincial or territorial representatives, 1 President, 2 Vice-Presidents, 1 Fund Representative / Treasurer, 2 Youth representatives and the Leader. Each Councillor is elected for two years. Half of the positions are elected in odd numbered years, while the other half are elected in even years.
Federal Council governs the Green Party of Canada on behalf of members like you. It is essentially the board of the directors for the party, determining planning, vision and budget.View current composition of Council >>
- The deadline for nominations is April 15, 2016
- The deadline to sign up new members in order for them to be able to vote is May 16th, 2016.
- Voting will begin on May 16th, 2016 and will be electronic; a paper ballot is available upon request.
- Voting will end on June 16th, 2016.
- The results of the election will be announced on this site by July 4th, 2016.
Positions up for election
The following executive positions are up for election (two year terms):
- President (One year term)
- Vice President English
- Vice President - French (One year term)
- Treasurer (Fund Representative)
The following provincial / territorial positions are up for election (all are two year terms):
- Nova Scotia
- Prince Edward Island
- British Columbia
- The deadline for nominations is April 15th, 2016, midnight PDT.
- View the rules governing this election >>
- View the Councilor Job Descriptions >>
- View the Ballot Instructions >>
- Submit your nomination package >>
- View the Federal Council Handbook >>
We have a discussion forum available for Federal Council Elections, in the member's zone.
You must be logged in to participate.