We are looking for an experienced and creative Video Editor to join our campaign team in Ottawa. Working on a three-month temporary employment agreement – August to October inclusive – you will be responsible for capturing, editing, and producing videos and photos for social media and other purposes. Because video has become an important channel for communicating political messages on online platforms, your position will play an important role in our party’s success.
- Edit video pieces
- Work from a brief to grasp election team’s needs and specifications
- Input music, graphics and effects
- Optimize final product for Youtube and other social media platforms
- Proven work experience as a video editor
- Ability to work quickly and under intense deadline pressure
- Solid experience with Adobe Premiere, Adobe After Effects or other digital technology and editing software packages
- A strong portfolio
- Creative mind and storytelling skills
- Degree in film studies, cinematography or related field an asset
- Knowledge of the political and environmental landscape an asset
- Working knowledge of animation techniques an advantage
- Bilingual French/English preferred but not essential
Interested candidates are asked to submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please include a link to samples of your video editing work. For more information, please visit http://www.greenparty.ca/jobs.
Thank you for your interest; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.