- Press Secretary
Full-time, Permanent (37.5 hours/week)
As Press Secretary, you will be an integral part of a dynamic team that continues to build and develop an exciting vision for the Green Party of Canada (GPC).
Reporting to the Director of Communications, you will work closely with Green Party and MP staff, Leader Annamie Paul, media outlets, journalists, partner organizations and GPC colleagues throughout Canada to help build a strong presence for the Party in English and French print, broadcast and online media. This is an outstanding opportunity to make use of your exceptional interpersonal skills and your ability to build working relationships with key media figures and outlets across Canada – all in the service of the dynamic, visionary Green Party of Canada!
Major responsibilities of this full-time position include the following:
- Producing and distributing English and French media advisories and press releases
- Identifying opportunities for media outreach
- Staying abreast of current legislative and other issues about which the Leader, caucus or Shadow Cabinet members may be questioned or wish to comment
- Meeting and developing working relationships with reporters and journalists
- Coordinating the Green Party’s responses to media requests for comments and interviews
- Coordinating press conferences
- Supporting the Leader, caucus and Shadow Cabinet with media activity and other communications
Candidates for the position of Press Secretary:
- Must have at least five years of relevant experience in a media relations or communications role
- Familiarity with key journalists and media outlets in Canada would be an asset
- Must be outgoing, cheerful, confident and positive in manner
- Must be firmly committed to the Green Party’s values and principles
- Must have exceptional, demonstrated oral, written and interpersonal communications skills
- Must be bilingual: English and French, written and oral proficiency
The Green Party of Canada is an equal-opportunity employer, offering a comprehensive benefits package within a stimulating, professional work environment that advocates for healthy work/life balance.
Interested candidates are asked to submit a cover letter, detailed resume and writing sample to the attention of email@example.com. The position will remain open until filled.
Thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. For more information regarding the Green Party of Canada, please visit our website: www.greenparty.ca.