- BC Mobilizer
Job Type: Permanent, Full-time (37.5 hours)
Location : British-Columbia (Preferably in Vancouver or Victoria)
Posting date : 20th of May 2021
Starting date : Mid-June
The BC Mobilizer reports to the Mobilizing/Field Director and liaises with the Manager of Mobilizing.
Job Summary: GPC Mobilizers are a specialized team who, throughout the entire election cycle, create leadership and expertise in others with the goal of electing Green Party MPs. Mobilizers are directly responsible for identifying and implementing opportunities to advance and support efforts to build election readiness and capacity across the country, including at the Party, EDA, campaign and individual volunteer level.
Volunteer / EDA Support and Growth:
- Primary liaison and support person for volunteers
- Educating, cultivating and training volunteers in political organizing, including events, data, recruitment strategies, etc.
- Meeting with potential EDA executives; recruitment
- Answering general inquiries about getting involved
- Ensuring EDAs are compliant
- Development or maintenance and delivery of training materials, templates and resources
- Maintaining knowledge of EDA activities and follow ups
- Providing pro-active support to develop goals and action or event plans for EDAs
- SupportEDAs in working with other organizations and equity seeking groups, including campus clubs and provincial riding associations.
- Provide support to EDA’s for sending emails in Civi and GVote.
- Develop and implement strategies and plans to increase the volunteer engagement, including strategies to expand into new or under-represented groups and education to overcome barriers.
- Assist all GPC Departments in implementation as needed, including assisting with leader and party events and other Departments
Candidate Recruitment / Campaign Prep:
- Candidate recruitment and processing
- Updating EDAs / Campaign teams with important party information
- Provide support to campaigns
- Possibly work on candidate campaigns as assigned
- Updating data systems and pipeline documents
- Debrief reports and similar as requested
- Satisfy metrics as set out in annual work plan
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Relevant post-secondary degree, or equivalent training, education & experience.
- Experience with community organizing.
- Experience with volunteer recruitment and training
- Leadership experience; experience with teaching / training / mentoring others.
- Experience on a political campaign.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Ability to read, write and speak fluently in English and French.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; comfortable engaging others.
- Good communicator, written and oral.
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills.
- Ability to work independently without direct supervision.
- Strong time management and priority management skills.
- Ability to multitask and manage stress.
- Solid digital skills: social media, google docs, data management systems, spreadsheets, powerpoint.
- Passion for and knowledge of green issues and politics.
LEVEL OF DIRECTION RECEIVED
- Plans for different phases of the election cycle are developed with deliverables and timelines.
- Mobilizers are required to develop their own schedule to deliver the results within the scheduled time frame.
Interested candidates are asked to submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Green Party of Canada is committed to the values of equity, diversity, and inclusion. We encourage applications from women, Indigenous Peoples, racialized persons, people with disabilities, and LGBTQIA2S+ identifying persons, as well as members of other equity-seeking groups. If you identify as a member of an equity-seeking group, you may choose to identify as such in your application.
If you need assistance or require accommodations in the application process, please send an email with your accommodation needs.
We thank you for your interest; however, we will only be able to contact those candidates who have been selected for an interview.