- National Field Director - Bilingual (French/English)
National Field Director - Bilingual (French/English)
This is an exciting time for the Green Party of Canada (GPC). In the 2019 federal election, we put forward a bold platform, won over one million votes, and tripled the size of our caucus in Parliament. Next month, we will introduce a newly elected Party Leader to the country, renew our policy platform and begin nominating candidates in preparation for the next election.
Under the management of a new Executive Director, the Green Party is building on the momentum of 2019, to provide strategic and operational leadership, strengthen our membership and fundraising, and set us up for success in the next election.
We are now seeking a highly motivated National Field Director, who can lead our field organizing and mobilizing efforts and chart the next part of our journey. This is a critical position for identifying and implementing opportunities to advance and support efforts to build election readiness and capacity from coast to coast to coast.
The ideal candidate will bring a love for the ground game, strategic thinking, strong people skills, superior written and spoken communication abilities, and a passion for achieving measurable results. This position requires bilingualism in English and French.
This position is responsible for:
- Guiding our grassroots membership through team building, activism, planning events, finding candidates and running campaigns
- Hire, train, manage and motivate the team of Mobilizers
- Campaign support and leadership
- Party growth and building the team
- Volunteer admin support
- EDA support and leadership
- Continually reviewing and improving internal processes to better support the EDA and candidates
The successful candidate will have:
- Relevant post secondary degree or equivalent training, education and experience
- Experience leading teams, financial planning, budgeting and results-based management
- Experience leading successful political campaigns in first-past-the-post electoral systems
- Mastery of the state-of-the-art in political campaigning
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with constantly evolving strategies
- A commitment to anti-discrimination, equity and Green values
If your strengths include excellent interpersonal and leadership skills, engaging others, organizational skills and time/priority management skills, this job could be a fulfilling opportunity to achieve excellence.
We are an equal-opportunities employer and welcome invite applications from women, Black, Indigenous and People of Colour, LGBTQ2S+, people with disabilities, and other equity seeking groups. Please let us know what accommodations you need. We’re excited for you to join the team.
Interested candidates are asked to submit a cover letter and detailed resume to email@example.com. Resumes will be accepted until the position filled.
We are committed to maintaining inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted in relation to this or any other job opportunity or testing, please advise a representative in a timely manner of the accommodation measures which are required in order to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner. All information received relating to accommodation measures will remain confidential. Please note that we will not automatically consult accommodation requests from prior selection processes.
The deadline for applications is 10 October 2020.