- Fundraising Officer
Start date: As soon as possible
Position type: This is a full-time position. The successful applicant will be expected to work 37 hours per week. Some evening/weekend work may be required.
This is an exciting time for the Green Party of Canada (GPC). In the 2019 federal election, we put forward a bold platform, won over one million votes, and tripled the size of our caucus in Parliament.
We are now seeking a highly motivated Fundraising Officer. Reporting to the Fundraising Manager and working with the Fundraising team, you will support fundraising activities through administrative duties, stewardship fulfillment and reporting.
The Fundraising Officer will be expected to communicate with donors and Electoral District Association (EDA) representatives in English and French via phone and email and will be responsible for completing administrative tasks on time and to specifications to ensure compliance with Elections Canada rules.
The ideal candidate will bring strong organization skills, superior written and spoken communication abilities, and a passion for achieving results. This position requires bilingualism in English and French.
- Ensuring donors have not exceeded contribution limits and following up to keep records in compliance
- Reporting on Directed Contributions and contact with EDA representatives for questions pertaining to directed funds
- Stewardship fulfillment for the regular stewardship program and Milestones program
- Special project fulfillment (fundraising offers)
- Back-up support for telemarketing projects through administrative duties (as needed)
- Other duties as required by the Fundraising team
- Previous experience in a fundraising, customer service or an administrative role
- Ability to read, write and speak fluently in English and French
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment with constantly evolving strategies
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to work to tight deadlines and under pressure
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Excellent computer skills including knowledge of databases.
- Relevant post secondary degree or equivalent training, education and experience
- Experience working in political fundraising.
- Fluency in languages other than English and French
- Familiarity with the Green Party’s values and platform
To apply, send your cover letter and resumé to: email@example.com.
The Green Party of Canada is committed to the values of equity, diversity, and inclusion. We encourage applications from women, Indigenous Peoples, racialized persons, people with disabilities, and LGBTQIA2S+ identifying persons, as well as members of other equity-seeking groups. If you identify as a member of an equity-seeking group, you may choose to identify as such in your application.
If you need assistance or require accommodations in the application process, please send an email with your accommodation needs.
We thank you for your interest; however, we will only be able to contact those candidates who have been selected for an interview.