Fracking has rapidly spread across the Peace Region of BC over the last two decades, ushering in dramatic changes to the health of its lands, waters and peoples. Join Elizabeth and the Canadian Association of Physicians for the Environment (CAPE) to hear candid, first-person perspectives from a diverse range of northern BC residents on their experiences with the LNG industry - and the promise of a renewable alternative.
Elizabeth will be giving opening remarks, followed by these speakers:
- Karen Leven, Environmental Scientist, Dawson Creek
- Dr. Ulrike Meyer, Family Physician, Dawson Creek
- Don Pettit, Founder of Peace Energy Co-op, Dawson Creek
- Pat and Jim Strasky, Third-generation farmers, Farmington
- Molly Wickham, Gidimt'en Spokesperson, Wet'suwet'en First Nation
- Dr. Warren Bell, Panel moderator, Co-founder of CAPE
This event is free and open to the public. Click here to register.
When: Monday, April 1st, 5:00pm - 7:00pm EST.
Where: David Turpin Building, room A110, 3800 Finnerty Road, University of Victoria