- Election Organizer
Are you passionate about federal politics and driven to help elect more Green MPs to support Green Party of Canada leader, Elizabeth May in the House of Commons? Do you find yourself imagining how much more Greens could do with a caucus in Parliament, ensuring that the most important issues of our times are being addressed by our government?
The GPC is a small but growing federal political party with one great MP, a passionate team, and lots of (also great) supporters. We are growing our voice and impact on Canadian politics by providing a much needed and unique perspective, together with lots of hard work.
You, as the ideal candidate, are a driven, self-motivated and highly organized campaigner. Your passion is contagious and you exude grace under pressure. You love working with people and helping them to develop their political organizing skills. You understand the importance of picking up the phone and reaching out to people in order to grow community. You have experience building up volunteer teams and organizing successful events. Most importantly, you know how to have fun doing it.
We provide mentorship, a community-focused work environment, and the opportunity to make change for the better.
NOTE: This position requires some travel. Bilingualism is essential for this role. Interviews will be conducted in both official languages.
As part of the Mobilizing team and working closely with EDA executives and lead volunteers, this position supports staff and volunteer organizers in building grassroots organising capacity and election readiness factors in key regions in preparation for election 2019.
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills; comfortable engaging others
- Good communicator, written and oral
- A professional and personable demeanor
- Experience with community organizing and recruitment
- Experience on a political campaign (volunteering counts)
- Comfortable with online tools (to facilitate working with a team spread across four time zones)
- Passion for and knowledge of green issues and politics
- Fully bilingual
- Leadership experience; experience with teaching / training / mentoring others
- Good understanding of data and data management
- Event organizing
- Volunteer management
- Functional knowledge of political party structures (“EDAs” e.g.)
The Green Party of Canada is an equal-opportunity employer, within a stimulating professional work environment that advocates for healthy work/life balance. We offer an excellent benefits package with opportunities for growth and learning.
The salary range for this position, dependent on experience, is competitive for the non-profit sector. To ensure a mutual best fit, please tell us your minimum salary expectations.
Interested candidates are asked to submit a cover letter and detailed resume to email@example.com. Resumes will be accepted until the successful candidate is found.
Thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. For more information regarding the Green Party of Canada, please visit our website: www.greenparty.ca.