- Communications Officer
This is a full-time position. The successful applicant will be expected to work 37 hours per week. Some evening/weekend work may be required.
This is an exciting time for the Green Party of Canada (GPC). In the 2019 federal election, we put forward a bold platform, won over one million votes, and tripled the size of our caucus in Parliament.
As Communications Officer, you will be an integral part of a dynamic team that continues to build and develop an exciting vision for the GPC.
Reporting to the Director of Communications, you will work closely with Green Party and MP staff, partner organizations and GPC colleagues throughout Canada to develop dynamic and engaging communications and fundraising campaigns that support the Green vision for a just and sustainable future for all Canadians.
General Areas of Responsibility:
- Content creation:
- Social Media
- Email Marketing and Fundraising
- Write copy – social media content, newsletters, fundraising emails, web copy, and other materials as required.
- Create supporting graphics / visuals for the above content.
- Liaise with Communications Coordinator and Digital Manager re: website and social media needs and output.
- Contribute to concept development and preparation of other communications products.
- Coordinate correspondence.
- Monitor and evaluate mainstream and social media coverage to determine optimal outreach strategies.
- Bilingual with excellent French writing and editing skills.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines.
- At least two years’ experience in journalism, public relations, marketing or related field.
- Working knowledge of social media platforms and strategies.
- Working knowledge of federal politics and Green Party priorities.
The Green Party of Canada is an equal-opportunity employer, offering a comprehensive benefits package within a stimulating, professional work environment that advocates for healthy work/life balance.
To apply, send a cover letter, detailed resume and writing sample to email@example.com. The position will remain open until filled.
Thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. For more information regarding the Green Party of Canada, please visit our website: www.greenparty.ca.