Bilingual Administrative Assistant/Receptionist
If you’re an Administrative Assistant/Receptionist focused on timely and customer-centric service, we want to hear from you!
The Green Party of Canada was founded in 1983 and begins with the basic premise that all life on the planet is interconnected and that humans have a responsibility to protect and preserve the natural world. The Green Party of Canada, like its provincial counterparts, supports green economics, progressive social planning and responsible and accountable governance.
Green Parties around the world share common values. The policies of the Green Party of Canada are based on six fundamental principles: Non-Violence, Sustainability, Social Justice, Ecological Wisdom, Participatory Democracy and Respect for Diversity.
Learn more about us by visiting our website at: www.greenparty.ca
You have the ability to think quickly on your feet, prioritize and adapt to changing deadlines while maintaining a high level of customer service. You will be the first point of contact for many as you answer the telephone and greet visitors, therefore your interpersonal skills must be second to none. Your passion for, and knowledge of, green issues and politics, energize you and you share our common values. Your previous experience either working or volunteering for a political party at the municipal, provincial or federal level provides you with a good understanding of our day-to-day operations.
We thank all applications for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
We are committed to maintaining inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted in relation to this or any other job opportunity or testing, please advise a representative in a timely manner of the accommodation measures which are required in order to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner. All information received relating to accommodation measures will remain confidential. Please note that we will not automatically consult accommodation requests from prior selection processes.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Answering the telephone and greeting visitors
- Processing and following up on donations and memberships
- Updating and maintaining donor and member records in the Green Party database
- Reconciling monthly donations received through Paypal, EFT, credit card, etc.
- Preparing bank deposits
- Handling, triaging and responding to correspondence
- Processing incoming and outgoing mail/courier packages
- Purchasing office supplies and equipment
- Other clerical tasks as required
Task time management:
- 45% correspondence (mostly email)
- 25% administration (including donation processing)
- 20% reception
- 10% other
- Bilingualism (English/French written/spoken) is required
- Excellent attention to detail, including fast and accurate data entry skills, particularly with numerical information
- Previous experience using customer databases, such as CiviCRM
- General understanding of Google Docs and/or MS Office
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- At least 1 year of experience in a similar role