Nominations are now open! If you are involved in the nomination process for a specific EDA please see the information for EDAs below.
If you’re interested in applying for candidacy or want to learn more about what it means to be a candidate for the Green Party of Canada, you’re in the right place.
The GPC values and protects diversity. We encourage interested candidates who bring varied experience to apply.
Running as a candidate is a unique experience. People have many different reasons for wanting to run, including:
- Connecting with members of their community;
- Drawing attention to a national or local issue that matters to them;
- Promote values that are underrepresented in public policy (check out the Green Party’s six core values) ;
- A passion and determination to use life and work experience to lead Canada to a better future;
- Bring honesty and civility back to public office.
I want to learn more about being a candidate
Information for EDAs
- Official Nomination Procedures and Guides
- Candidate Support Form - This form must be submitted at least 14 days prior to the EDA requesting approval to close nominations.
- Request to Close Nominations Form